Monday, July 5, 2010

About 'Coyote'.


CN 82 - butterfly earrings




Namashkaar!

My name is Dipika. I design and dance. And just about manage to do other things too!

My affair with design began in 2003, when I joined National Institute of Design (NID) for a PG in Lifestyle Accessories Design. After finishing it, in 2005, I started creating. I lovingly called my label 'Pink Dot'. It all started with gold and diamonds jewellery. Silver followed and then silver accessories too happened. I moved cities in 2007 and felt the need for change... that is when 'Coyote' came into being. Towards 2010 end, I started exploring other materials like acrylic, stainless steel, felt, etc.

'Coyote' is species of wild wolves. Also slang for a sexy women. I loved the name because it has character and a certain kind of wildness attached to it. Coyote is all about a fabulous art called jewellery.

All the silver designs that you see on this blog are hand crafted from 92.5 sterling silver. Assorted gemstones, finishes and textures & unusual forms and details are employed to make these designs interesting. My cliched design quote is 'form follows fervour'. It's all about passion!

Besides adding my work to this blog, I occasionally will be adding a shots of my insanity too. You shall have to endure it all.

Hope you enjoy seeing/ sporting my designs as much as I love making them..



6 comments:

AllAboutStyle said...

Hi Dipika, I completely love your designs. I love how you combine traditional with contemporary. I also find them very interesting because they are so quirky at times. Looking forward to see more from your end and also at buying one of your designs :) Damn inspiring!

Dipika Vijay said...

Thanks a lot for the comment Shalini! Glad you like my work :) And you are most welcome to buy anything that you fancy...

Priyanka said...

Hiya. Loved your jewelery and the jaali coasters. Your design aesthetic is so chic and the same time so much fun! Was wondering where I could buy it from - online or do you have a store? Do lemme know. Really want those Lei earrings!

Dipika Vijay said...

Hi Priyanka. You comment certainly made me smile. Connect with me on FB to see more of my work. I live and work in Mumbai. You can mail me your details and we shall take your 'Lei' earrings further.
Shukriya...

Anonymous said...

Hi DVJ,

Love your stuff and I am a huge fan of fancy ear-rings.
In case I wanna buy some of your stuff online, is there any possibility as I live in south India and would love to buy them.

Dipika Vijay said...

Dear anonymous... mail me on coyote.dipika@gmail.com for more details. I can send over the earrings you choose.

Priyanka! you can mail me too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...